Saturday, July 30, 2011

Confessions of an Absent Washer-Woman

Laundry - the bane of my existence.  


Truly, I hate laundry more than most things.  It is the one chore that can achieve no satisfaction.  It is never complete.  Not really any way.  If you dust a room, it is done; if you vacuum the floor, it ends; if you repaint, you run out of wall; if you wash the dishes, they dry and can be put away.  With laundry, unless you strip everyone naked, IT NEVER ENDS!!!


I despise laundry so much that if I could trade my first finger for laundry always magically being done, I would do it.  And if I didn't, I would have spent so much time weighing the points that it would be a testament itself as to how much I hate laundry.


So last weekend, with dread and a heavy heart, I bundled up all the pending laundry and took it to the laundry mat.  22 loads of laundry, no that is not a typo, 22 loads and 4 & 1/2 hours later I returned with everything clean and dry.  I even sat down and folded it.  It took until the next morning to finish and put it all away, but it did get done!


Here we are a week later - one load is in the washer & one in the dryer.  Other than the clothes that people are wearing it is done.  I'm going to try and stay on top of it this time.  


But have I mentioned....
                                                         .....I hate laundry!!!


kcgnome

No comments:

Post a Comment